QUICK THOUGHTS ON GREEN-SCREEN-GREEN:
- Something we only reference in the stages of production
- an illusion
- the erasure of labour
- the erasure of reality
- Sondra Perry references it as an ode to communal world-making.
- the potential in it as a material thing/object ocupying space but used to transend the digital world
- Green-screen-green because it is other (they use green because that colour doesn't appear in human skin/hair; it is unlike us. The use of somthing unlike us to form new realities,
THE INFLICTION OF LABOUR ON ENTITIES OF ‘OTHER’
- data erasure
- the digital
- screens and our physical interation with them.
- information or illusuon of information/ and or context
- AI’s ability to be content aware (photoshop, AI imagine, edting, ect.)
- chroma key- implying access
- dont ask why but thoughts on Avatar, the creation of world-relational narratives created by a white man but utalizing another chroma key colour (blue). again ‘other’ used to create narratives/worlds/productions of entertainment and capatalistic gain.
****Inspiration for my current inquiries of green-screen-green came from seeing a painting by Rebecca Fux in their studio at the University of Victoria in fall of 2022.